Townsville Business Womens Circle 2022 leadership program
We invite you to take part in our first Townsville Business Women’s Circle leadership program. We have teamed up with Andy Roberts from Breathe Australia to create a unique North Queensland program. It’s a great opportunity to deepen our business and community relationships, learn new leadership skills, share challenges, support each other, and connect with leadership experts worldwide.
The program starts on the 1st July 2022 and runs for twelve months. We are limiting numbers to fifteen participants and accepting enrolments now.
Our program focuses on the following key areas. However, we anticipate evolving organically to meet challenges and harness our unique insights and experiences as women leaders in North Queensland.
Leadership development - champion leadership self-care and build self-awareness
Community - create a space for sharing knowledge and deepen business connections in North Queensland
Mental and physical wellbeing - learn stress management techniques and resilience tools to help handle anxiety, challenge self-limiting beliefs, and build confidence
Situational awareness - attention training to improve collaboration and effectiveness
Psychological safety - practise deep listening, communicating with respect, understanding values, and building empathy
Emotional and mental agility - explore when to tough it out and when to let go
Leadership abilities - connect teams, embed coaching at work, and build strengths-based organisations
Delivering your program
- A year long program for up to 15 people
- Open to members of TBWC
- Modular learning
- Creation of small buddy groups to discuss content and share learnings
- Three face-to-face group workshops in Townsville
- Shorter monthly webinar workshops
- Emotional intelligence psychometric assessment and leadership development plan (MSCEIT online assessment) and VIA online strengths and values assessment
- Local, Australian and international guest leadership experts
- Access to online Teachable learning platform content and leadership workbook
- One-to-one leadership coaching
- Action learning - sharing learnings in how you applied the ideas and how the program created value for you and your team
Guest experts on the program
A wide range of local, Australian, and international leadership experts have agreed to participate in the program.
Each month we will provide you with information about one or two of our expert guests. Based on this information, we’ll ask you to submit questions for us to collate. In some cases, we will record interviews with the experts, asking them your questions. And on other occasions, the guests will attend the group workshops or the monthly webinars. The interviews and webinars will be available for you to watch in your own time on our learning platform.
This will be a great opportunity to explore common challenges faced by women leaders and share ideas about how to overcome those challenges.
Their perspectives and wisdom will provide another dimension to our program:
- Dr Delia McCabe - Gold Coast based nutrition, gut health, and performance in the workplace expert (August)
- Dr Lucy Ryan - UK based women in leadership expert, author, and positive psychology coach (September)
- Dr Attracta Lagan - Sydney based international expert in business ethics and leadership (October)
- Professor David Grayson - UK based care expert and author - balancing work and being a carer (November)
- Ged Welsh - North Queensland director Hays Recruitment Townsville - executive coaching and leadership (December)
- Caroline Morrisey - Women in mining and resources Queensland (WIMARQ) Brisbane - leadership in mining and resources (January)
- Rhiannon Wilson - Business psychology expert Townsville (February)
- Dr Adam Smith - Managing Director Reef Ecologic Townsville - leader in sustainability (March)
- Michelle Daltry - Program head at Inclusive Employers Group UK - diversity and inclusion expert (April)
- Deb Robson - Australian HR Institute (AHRI) network Townsville (May)
- Kari Arbouin - Exec Director, Office of Rural and Remote Health, Queensland Health - leadership in health (June)
Full cost $4,000 plus GST per participant
Limited to 15 participants.
Either pay online or contact us to receive a brochure