Mindfulness online foundation program
Our program includes short video presentations, links to mindfulness resources, self-awareness reflection journaling, practical techniques and audio guided meditations
The emphasis of the program is on practical evidenced based techniques which you can apply at home and work. Each module follows a similar format:
- Techniques section – videos and audio guided meditations
- Self-reflection space – an assessment of your current abilities
- Neuro coaching – in this section we explore how the techniques help us re wire the brain for compassion, calmness and focus
- Applications – practical tips for how to apply the techniques
Once enrolled, on our Teachable learning platform, you will be able to access content immediately. The six areas of our program are delivered in modules over the next six weeks. At the end of the six-week period we will send you a certificate of completion for our program
Additional 6-month content access - you will be able to access this content for the next six months
About our program
Whether you are an experienced mindfulness practitioner or are a curious beginner there are so many benefits to engaging in a mindfulness program. The program is also ideal for helping to support your teams training wellbeing needs at work
Over the course of six weeks we explore techniques to help handle stress & anxiety, develop greater focus, learn from habitual patterns and begin to develop greater self-compassion and compassion for others.
We have run this course hundreds of times over the last ten years here in Australia and in the UK. The feedback has been that we have a created an engaging, practical and effective program for exploring mindfulness.
No previous experience of mindfulness and meditation is required. In our course we provide you with an understanding of the neuroscience underpinning mindfulness techniques, why the techniques help promote mental and physical wellbeing and most importantly give you the tools to embed mindfulness at home, work and the space in between.
Each week we focus on a different area of mindfulness:
- Building presence and developing mindful behaviours
- Breathwork techniques to help create the conditions for us to be mindful and feel calmer and more centred
- Focus techniques to help us quieten busy minds, increase alertness and improve cut off between tasks and attention to detail
- Learning to be present to our thoughts and habitual patterns with kindness and compassion
- Developing greater emotional awareness. In this element of the course we explore a simple model of mindfulness to help us to be more self-aware. We also introduce techniques to help us observe, own, learn from and move on from the emotions we experience
- Developing more self-compassion. In this element we explore the concept of self-compassion and tools to develop more self-love, curiosity, openness and acceptance of our place in the world
Enrol in our program today
The course costs $350 plus GST.
To reserve your spot simply click on the cart below. You can either use a credit or debit card or if you have one a paypal account. Once you click through to the paypal account you have the option pay as a guest using a debit or credit card.
If your organisation is paying for your place please contact us by the contact page and we can arrange invoicing.
Alternatively you can book your space via our Teachable learning platform
Your trainer background - Andy Roberts (MAPP)
I’m a former consultant with 13 years’ experience at KPMG. In 2003 I began a new career in coaching and wellbeing. I retrained as a yoga teacher, massage therapist and then explored psychology. In 2008 I took a masters degree in applied positive psychology and subsequently trained as an emotional intelligence coach (MSCEIT model) .
Back in the UK we own a multi-disciplinary, forty practitioner, wellbeing business in London which means that over the last fifteen years I’ve had to learn so much about different aspects of mind, body and spirit.
I’ve trained as a Sivananda Yoga teacher, reiki practitioner and sports massage therapist, practiced Iyengar yoga in London for ten years followed by, Ashtanga yoga for four years and more recently Jivamukti yoga. I’ve also trained in Vipassana meditation techniques and for many years I’ve practiced Chi Kung with my teacher in London.
Evidenced based mindfulness
Over the last five years I’ve worked with the College of Medicine and Dentistry, at James Cook University, to develop our Health Professional’s Self-Care program. All year one medical students receive eight hours of mindfulness, compassion, resilience and wellbeing training plus links and resources materials.
Research into this program, published in the Journal of Health Professionals Education, points to an increase in student resilience levels and a reduction in the stigma associated with mental health.
Research into other programs with Carers Queensland and South 32 point to significant increases in resilience and stress management abilities for participants taking part