About Resilience and Positive Psychology
We all have biases in life. We are born with some and we develop others as we grow. They often enable us to navigate busy schedules efficiently. They have an evolutionary basis; they keep us on guard from danger and sometimes drive us to achieve amazing outcomes.
They can also stifle activity and prevent us from achieving our full potential.
In our one day “Introduction to Resilience course” we explore the science behind our in built negativity bias. We also explore our tendency for naive optimism and how this affects our decision-making.
Through understanding both of these evolutionary biases we are well placed to make decisions based upon fact rather than out of fear and we are also guarded against the dangers of irrational exuberance and naive optimism. Through awareness of our biases we can truly begin to listen to our intuition and develop resilience to life’s inevitable ups and downs.
We can tailor short or longer courses for your team however typically during a one day workshops we:
- Examine the science behind our in built negativity bias
- Explore the building blocks of mental fitness; which are the activities in life help us overcome our in built negativity bias?
- Learn practical techniques from strengths based coaching; identifying, celebrating and using strengths enables us to overcome the inevitable challenges of life. It builds resilience, tenacity, optimism and positive regard for one another
- Understand what drives people to be engaged at work and we learn techniques which foster autonomy, competence and relatedness
The benefits of resilience training for organisations
- Increased self-awareness and personal empowerment:
- Employees learn to self-manage their physical, psychological and emotional health
- Reduced absenteeism and increased workplace engagement
- Enhanced productivity through increased vitality, motivation and concentration skills
- Team building through interactive, group-based learning and a unified approach to managing stress, challenge and change
- Minimisation of risks associated with work-related stress
Resilience training will assist your staff to:
Better manage difficult people and situations
Better able to handle the inevitable ups and downs in any work place
Recognise, use and celebrate their team mates strengths and their own
Keep their minds on the job and perform well under pressure
Get more done in less time, and
Let go of their day and leave work at work
Your next steps
To find out how we can tailor resilience programs for your organisation contact Andy Roberts firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of our clients
We have introduced resilience training and strengths coaching at Amerada Hess in the UK, The House of Commons and in Australia we work with PwC, AIMS, Cameron and Co, The Coffee Club franchise, Ozcare, Carers Queensland.